Who we are?
Our organization specializes in horticultural crop research, including agronomy and plant nutrition, plant physiology, breeding, genetic engineering and tissue culture, and control of diseases and pests through integrated pest management. In addition to serving Hawaiʻi's agricultural industries through research and technology transfer to Hawaiʻiʻs producers.
- To develop and demonstrate appropriate technologies in support of production agricultural research in order to promote rural community economic vitality through agriculture
- To educate the public regarding the scientific research and the practice of agriculture by providing information and training in agricultural and natural resource conservation principles
- To provide training and rehabilitation programs for agricultural workers
- To support the development of agriculture in general by development of agribusiness opportunities
- To perform scientific research in production agriculture